10.29.2009

Letting go of the reigns



Alright I admit, as a business owner I find at times it's difficult for me to let go of creative projects and trust that others are fully capable of taking over for me. However, I learned a valuable lesson recently that I'd like to share with you. As I watch my business grow both professionally and creatively, I become increasingly aware that I CAN NOT DO IT ALL BY MYSELF. I'm realizing that sometimes it's ok to trust and let go of the reigns.

For example: I was recently contact by a young aspiring entrepreneur by the name of Mike Press. Mike was producing a local Fashion Show and asked if THE FLOCK would agree to participate. Although I was overwhelmed with other obligations and projects, I asked my Interns and local fashion students from the Art Institute if they'd be willing to produce THE FLOCK's portion of the show. They were up for the challenge and in less than 48 hours had selected four extremely diverse students to model, had them styled, photographed, and at Luna Lounge in time for the show.

( in a nutshell )

there is strength in numbers,
freshness in new perspectives,
and a privilege to step back and observe future talent at work.

my students make me proud.











No comments:

Post a Comment